Thursday, February 07, 2008

Andrew McCarthy's Coney Memory

Everyone has their own Coney Island Memories. Actor Andrew McCarthy- known for his roles in such Brat Pack flicks as St. Elmo's Fire and Pretty in Pink- shared his own with Slate:


One of the unique things about being an actor based in New York for so long is my relationship with the city: Certain locations are forever set in my mind as ouchstones. I can never walk past the boat pond in Central Park without thinking of the day when I pushed a young kid into the water for a scene during the shooting of Weekend at Bernie's, and it's impossible for me to go to Coney Island and not remember kissing Mary Stuart Masterson under the boardwalk in a scene from Heaven Help Us



Making Lipstick Jungle [Slate]


- post by Ben Nadler


No comments: